Friday 17 November 2017

Finding that all important question!!!

A big struggle of mine lately is trying to think of a question which best fits with my inquiry!! 

In terms of my inquiry I have being looking at the idea of imagery as a learning style. Within this I have been looking at;
  • What imagery is?
  • Imagery in sport
  • How imagery in dance has added aspects to it and how there is not a lot of previous research done as it is a somewhat new development
  • The idea that we have always used imagery in dance and how it helps us with learning
  • Why imagery is used a lot with pre-school children and why it works well to aid their learning
  • If imagery is useful for the technical aspects of dance
  • If imagery can be used on solely by itself or is it best used along with other learning styles i.e. visual, kinesthetic,
  • How professional dancers use imagery 
As I have kept my area so broad I am really struggling to create the all important question. I feel that reading wise I have so much more to read about, which makes the idea of finding a question even more daunting!!

I would love to hear your thoughts!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,
    Really interesting to see all your ideas above. I personally find the whole area of visualisation a fascinating topic. I think that visualising yourself doing steps and dances, especially those that you may find challenging has an amazing affect on performance. I have never entirely understood how it works but I know a lot of dancers (me being one of them) who could never have achieved what they have achieved without it. I think it is also very good for getting into the character of what you are dancing. It is just an idea, but one line of inquiry could be to look at the effects of visualisation on dancers?
    Ann

    ReplyDelete