Tuesday 13 March 2018

Interviews and Observations

I am beginning my data collection process this week and I am feeling both anxious and nervous.
Interviews are something I have never done before and as we discussed in our last Skype, formulating questions can be very tricky. I am looking for answers but I don't want the participant to realise this. I want them to feel comfortable to answer the questions completely honest and not feel in any way persuaded. I used Eleanor's idea of reading the interview questions to someone you know informally. This was such a great trick and I found that I rejigged and rephrased a few of my questions.
In terms of observations I feel quite in the dark as I am in no way involved in the process I am just an onlooker. Therefore, I am trying to remain open minded and not go into the observations with the hope of finding anything in particular.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica.

    That is a very good quote thankyou for sharing. I had also never thought about how we want answers but don't want the participants to realise this- in doing so this could perhaps lead them to feel pressured? or not be as honest?
    I have conducted one of my interviews with my head teacher of the school I work at. It was very interesting, although nerve wracking to be on the other side.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog with full information, we are looking forward to see more blogs in future.
    Tutoring Service Lucknow | Home Tuition Service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone participating in anything has to start somewhere, Best Architecture services in kanpur in this industry you will undoubtedly start small and if you put time and effort into your blog you may become successful. Most small time bloggers will use free blog hosting services and this I think is a great platform for inexperienced bloggers and people whom are trying to get a feel of how the Photo background removal services company whole blog industry and system works

    With an independent blog website development company kanpur site you must have paid hosting, knowledge of scripts and plugins etc in order to provide a decent platform for your blog audience whereas here you can put your sole focus onto providing top quality content and all the back Photo Clipping path services company end technical stuff is covered.

    The main advantages of having a free blog hosting Thetodaytalk.com service is that if your blog does not become popular or successful you have not lost out. No costs incurred apart from the time you invested into writing the content.

    ReplyDelete