Friday 24 February 2017

Task 1C: Audio-Visual My initial thoughts on the BAPP Course


I really didn't expect this task to phase me but it did. Being a performer and having to self-tape before for auditions I really thought this task wouldn't take long. However, I was wrong.. I decided to write out a short paragraph including all of the points that I wanted to include in my video. This helped me as I could visualize what I had written. I found it difficult to make a video which was clear, concise and to the point. For me when I feel nervous about doing something I tend to waffle and then my points become unclear. I also found that it's really not easy to talk about yourself!! First, I asked a family member to record me but I felt quite under pressure and conscious of someone listening to my thoughts. I decided to then self record in my own space on my own. This was definitely easier and I felt comfortable making mistakes and just starting again. It is a tool I will need to work on as I know audio visuals are often used in my professional practice as I discussed in task 1D.
 I hope you enjoy the video and feel free to leave any comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq3hPVlW7dI

3 comments:

  1. Jessica - this is literally what I am experiencing now. I have just written up my first draft for 1c and even though I think I am being concise - it still goes on a fair bit. That's the problem with being a performer - you can generally talk for days :P
    Yours looks great - may I add the lighting is terrific. Perfect self-tape lighting too.
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eleanor!! But yes so much to say and not enough time!!!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that I've watched this. Tonight I have been struggling so much on what to write and how to do it without talking to much! I am going to attempt mine tomorrow so hopefully it will turn out something along the lines of yours. If not I'm ready for deleting and re doing until it is how I'd like it!
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete