Saturday 25 February 2017

Task 1A: CV and Personal Profile Continuation

 


This morning I applied for a dance teaching job and realised that I now I have three different types of C.Vs, a Performacnec CV, one for my Events and Hostessing work and finally a teaching CV. I began to think about what different employers look for in a CV. While updating my teaching CV I thought what a dance teacher really wants to know about my Personal Profile. After reading an article on the Huffington Post about how long do recruiters spend looking at your career summary I was shocked to read that according to a recent summary job recruiters spend just six seconds looking over your CV. This made me realise how clear and to the point my CV needs to be. The article answered my next question which was: What do they actually look for on your CV? The study found:
"They spend 80 percent of their brief review on six key elements of your resume: your name, the current company you work for, your previous employment, the start and end dates of your previous position, the start and end dates of your current position and your educational background." 
I then had a look back at my Teaching C.V. and Events CV and I realised my dates weren't clear enough. The article spoke about using action words to describe yourself and your job roles so I decided to take that into consideration also. I have sent off my new teaching C.V. and uploaded it on my blog also.

Article mentioned:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/resume-tips-for-post-50s_n_1372705.html





No comments:

Post a Comment